Leadership Competencies and Core Values are critical components to developing desirable leadership qualities in our students.
LIGER LEADERSHIP ACADEMY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
Inspired by Liger’s own research and a study done by the Harvard Business School, Liger Leadership Academy has developed a list of 12 leadership competencies. In every Exploration and at graduation, students are scored on a scale to 1 to 6 on their entrepreneurial leadership skills. Their overall skill is about their growth.
Liger Leadership Academy’s Entrepreneurial Leadership Skills are:
- Identification of Opportunities
- Vision and Influence
- Management of Operations
- Assembling and Motivating a Team
- Comfort with Uncertainty
- Building Networks
- Problem Solving
- Dot Connector
LIGER LEADERSHIP ACADEMY CORE VALUES
Liger’s six core values are incorporated into all projects. Students are individually evaluated on the values used in each project. Students demonstrating the values are acknowledged and celebrated weekly.
Liger Leadership Academy’s six Core Values are:
- Stewardship – being responsible for taking care of something considered worth caring for and preserving
- Integrity – being honest and having strong moral principles
- Optimism – being hopeful and having confidence about the future or the successful outcome of something
- Appreciation – being able to recognize and enjoy the good qualities of someone or something
- Determination – being able to decide definitely and firmly
- Ingenuity – being clever, inventive, or resourceful especially when designing new things