We are always looking for subject matter experts to volunteer their time and expertise. Help can range from coming to Cambodia to work with our students to working remotely. The time commitment can range from an hour or two a week to a full residential visit to Liger for longer periods of time. If you are interested in serving as a Liger mentor, please send an email detailing your interest in Liger, your area of expertise and your availability to email@example.com.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
The Social Media Intern will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and will report to the Director of External Relations. This position will lead communications efforts from the ground at Liger Leadership Academy. The Social Media Intern is responsible for introducing Liger Leadership Academy’s mission and work to new audiences, including press and donors. This position will work closely with the Country Director and Liger staff in Cambodia.
- Create monthly content calendar and strategy for all social media platforms.
- Document daily lives and projects of students and produce stories and images for communications use.
- Day-to-day content creator for social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Post daily on social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). Interact with followers and engage new followers on all platforms.
- Create follower and engagement goals on each platform and ensure that we hit these goals.
- Stay abreast of developments in the social and digital media space and brainstorm ways to apply new technologies to Liger social media.
- Identify opportunities to grow channels through analytical thinking and goal setting.
- Work as an on-site photographer and videographer to capture and create visual content for social media and marketing materials.
- Create weekly measurement reports for internal distribution to demonstrate program value.
- Manage and update website content as needed including, but not limited to, press, articles, curriculum content, and student stories.
Work with Director of External Relations
- Assist in the development of press and media material including, but not limited to, press kits, press releases, pitches, keynote presentations, backgrounds and fact sheets, and key messages.
- Identify feature story opportunities for LLA to pitch coverage for the organization with broadcast, print and online media outlets. Outline and draft stories to share with the Director of External Relations for distribution.
- Assist the Director of External Relations on press visits.
- Work with Director of External Relations to collect information and data for grants and donors as needed.
- Assist with donor visits.
- A passion for the mission of LLA and non-profit work
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A background in communications work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience in social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- Ability to live and work in a developing country in sometimes difficult and unpredictable circumstances
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and cloud tools
- Fluent in English, ideally native speaker
- Interest in education, philanthropy, and/or international relations
- Strongly Preferred: Strong photography skills (professional SLR camera) and post-production skills (Photoshop or similar software)
- Strongly Preferred: Filmmaking skills – video and post-production editing
- Commitment to work in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for a minimum of six months – preferably for the duration of the school year (1 September 2019 – 12 June 2020)
1 September 2019
This is an unpaid internship. Room and board are included on the Liger campus.
If interested, please send CV and cover letter to Dani Lachowicz, Director of External Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.