We are always looking for subject matter experts to volunteer their time and expertise. Help can range from coming to Cambodia to work with our students to working remotely. The time commitment can range from an hour or two a week to a full residential visit to Liger for longer periods of time. If you are interested in serving as a Liger mentor, please send an email detailing your interest in Liger, your area of expertise and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liger Leadership Academy staff is a dedicated group of individuals committed to developing and nurturing the future leaders of Cambodia. If you are passionate about creating change, consider joining our team. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
LLA is current recruiting for a Communications Intern position. This is a one-year, paid internship.
LIGER LEADERSHIP ACADEMY – COMMUNICATIONS INTERN
The Communications Intern position is located in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and requires a commitment of one year. This position will report to the Director of Communications and work closely with the Director of External Relations, Director of Development and Country Director. The Communications Department plays an essential role in supporting Liger Leadership Academy’s mission by introducing our school and communicating the impact of our work to new audiences, including press and donors.
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Salary: $8000/year + room and board
Requirement: One Year Commitment
- Day-to-day content creator for social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). Collect content (visual and written) and draft copy. Responsible for submitting post suggestions daily to the content board.
- Interact with followers and engage new followers on all platforms.
- Provide creative direction to on-site team members.
- Create measurement reports and demonstrate program value.
- Identify opportunities to grow channels through analytical thinking and goal setting.
- Work with Liger’s PR firm in New York City to gather and prepare content for press stories.
- Coordinate press visits to Liger.
- Work as an on-site photographer and videographer to capture and create visual content for social media and marketing materials.
- Work with Director of Development to collect information and data for grants and donors as needed.
- A passion for the mission of LLA and non-profit work
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A background in communications work, particularly for non-profits
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive understanding of social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- Strong photography skills (professional SLR camera) and post-production skills (Photoshop or similar software)
- Ability to live and work in a developing country in sometimes difficult and unpredictable circumstances
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and cloud tools
- Fluent in English, ideally native speaker
- Interest in education, philanthropy, and/or international relations
- Strongly Preferred: Filmmaking skills – video and post-production editing
- Commitment to work in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for a minimum of one year
Room and board on campus is provided.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should describe your interest in this specific position and how your background and career goals would be a match for this role.