We are always looking for subject matter experts to volunteer their time and expertise. Help can range from coming to Cambodia to work with our students to working remotely. The time commitment can range from an hour or two a week to a full residential visit to Liger for longer periods of time. If you are interested in serving as a Liger mentor, please send an email detailing your interest in Liger, your area of expertise and your availability to email@example.com.
Liger Leadership Academy staff is a dedicated group of individuals committed to developing and nurturing the future leaders of Cambodia. If you are passionate about creating change, consider joining our team. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liger Leadership Academy is currently hiring a SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER.
The Senior Communications Manager will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, and will report to the Director of External Relations. This position will lead communications efforts from the ground at Liger Leadership Academy. The Communications Manager is responsible for introducing Liger Leadership Academy’s mission and work to new audiences, including press and donors. This position will work closely with the Country Director and Liger staff in Cambodia.
- Develop all press and media material including, but not limited to, press kits, press releases, byline articles, pitches, keynote presentations, backgrounds and fact sheets, and key messages.
- Identify feature story opportunities for LLA to pitch coverage for the organization with broadcast, print and online media outlets. Draft and distribute one News Bureau feature story a month.
- Coordinate and manage four press trips a year for six (6) top tier journalists. Handle journalist outreach, secure attendees, book flight and hotel, manage itineraries, and follow up through story publication.
- Coordinate and manage journalist visits outside of press trips.
- Manage relationships with journalists from past press trips. Follow up on pending articles, ensure journalists receive requested information and fact check stories before published.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Review editorial calendars on a regular basis for possible coverage.
- Write two (2) Op-Eds a month and distribute to media for publication.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and make recommendations regarding communication strategy.
- Create weekly reports on press activity and outreach for internal distribution.
- Create monthly content calendar and strategy for all social media platforms.
- Day-to-day content creator for social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). Collect content (visual and written) and draft copy.
- Post daily on social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). Interact with followers and engage new followers on all platforms.
- Create follower and engagement goals on each platform and ensure that we hit these goals.
- Provide creative direction to on-site team members.
- Stay abreast of developments in the social and digital media space and brainstorm ways to apply new technologies to Liger social media.
- Identify opportunities to grow channels through analytical thinking and goal setting.
- Work as an on-site photographer and videographer to capture and create visual content for social media and marketing materials.
- Create weekly measurement reports for internal distribution to demonstrate program value.
- Manage and update website content as needed including, but not limited to, press, articles, curriculum content, and student stories.
- Work with Director of Development to collect information and data for grants and donors as needed.
- Host donor visits on campus when the Director of Development cannot be present.
- A passion for the mission of LLA and non-profit work
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A background in communications work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience in social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn)
- Strong photography skills (professional SLR camera) and post-production skills (Photoshop or similar software)
- Ability to live and work in a developing country in sometimes difficult and unpredictable circumstances
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and cloud tools
- Fluent in English, ideally native speaker
- Interest in education, philanthropy, and/or international relations
- Strongly Preferred: Filmmaking skills – video and post-production editing
- Commitment to work in Phnom Penh, Cambodia for a minimum of one year
Commensurate with experience. Room and board is provided.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should describe your interest in this specific position and how your background and career goals would be a match for this role.